Thursday, April 7, 2011

7 tips to speaking with accountants?

I remember working on a project at a large company and needing help from multiple team members. I would take my project to the accounting team to assist in budgeting, entering the room with optimism and leaving with frustration. I made the classic mistake of entering a conversation not thinking of my audience. I presented the project as if I was presenting to team members like me. If you have been following my blog you will recall that we are different people and different things sound better to us than others.
Here are the top 7 things I should have done while presenting;
  1. give clear expectations and deadlines
  2. show dependability
  3. demonstrate loyalty
  4. be tactful and emotionally reserved
  5. allow precedent to be guide
  6. be precise and focused
  7. value high standards
Try these when you need help from accountants.

Let me know when they work?

Good Luck and you can get more info at www.matthrowe.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment